vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 06 vw beetle. I had to replace one of the low beam

Customer Question

I have a 06 vw beetle. I had to replace one of the low beam bulbs. Now when I start the car the low beam lights come on instead of the drl lights. It's been a day now and the low beam light is out again.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

do the high beams work ? in that headlamp is 2 halogen bulbs and a peanut bulb. the day time running lights are the drl bulbs and headlights. when the headlamps are on then the little peanut bulbs also come on then . is it possible that you have changed the wrong bulb . second is the whole light out where nothing is working in the headlight assy? please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both high beams work. One light the low beam and peanut light does not work the other works fine.

if you look at the connector of each of the bulbs that is not working are they blued? second do you have a volt meter? need to make some electrical checks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All the bulbs are new. I will have to borrow a volt meter.

please do and the conector to the bulbs i'm asking about . I assumed that you have new bulbs

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll check the connectors. What do you mean by blued? I'm getting a voltmeter this afternoon. What do I need to test? Thanks!

overheated. bad connection issues. i do need your vin # ***** pull up the factory repair information to assist.

thanks