Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My name is ***** *****, I have a 2003 Jetta TDI, We have

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I have a 2003 Jetta TDI, We have loss of power. The code is P0299 (loss of turbo boost)and p1556. I have checked for vacuum leaks, removed hoses on turbo and inspected blades and play in turbo shaft. I put vacuum to waste gate pod and lever is operating ok. Also have brake lite on dash that goes off when I put it in drive. Still have engine lite on dash and same codes. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Main problem is lack of power and limp mode off and on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Hello there I'm Wolfgang. If you clear the p0299 fault does the car have power or it's like a slug while accelerating? How are the vacuum hoses us the fabric coming apart ? Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Clearing code does nothing, vacuum hoses are origional an some of outside fabric is coming apart but don't detect leaks

Does the engine has power or is it a slug while driving?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think i already paid the $18 did i not?

you have made a deposit to request assistance . I'm trying to get more information before I can direct you to resolve your issue of your vehicle. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I am being charged $18 now. I do not wish to have another charge for calling. Will I get another answer or am I only allowed one for the $18. My reply to your question was: No the car still runs bad after erasing the code. And the hoses are original and the outside cover on the vacuum hoses are rough, however we detect no vacuum leaks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the car is running sluggish as if turbo is not working

there can be a couple of possibilities on this

1. mass air flow sensor not reading correctly causing low boost issue.
  2. n75 turbo waste gate contol solenoid .
  3. the turbo vanes inside the turbo is sticking causing overboost/underboost issues.

VAG com is needed to read the mass air flow sensor readings while driving to see if they are low . or a swap of maf sensors clearing the codes and road test to see if it comes back to life. (note if you have a 2.0 gas maf sensor to test will be just fine but it needs to be a 06a906461a part # )

need to start there the easiest and cheapest way to go .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang