eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

My name is, my problem is that my 2000 vw Passat is showing

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** problem is that my 2000 vw Passat is showing a STOP BRAKE FLUID SERVICE MANUAL warning. how can I reset this? the fluid level is fine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: for sure. I just replaced the rear pads rotors and calipers. went to start the car and started getting the warning described above. hooked a computer diagnostic tool to the car and don't seem to get any codes. I do not know where to locate the fluid level sensor to see if that is the problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I need to get the car back up and running. I will pay the fee if you can tell me a way to reset the lights. I'm gonna keep search for other information on the internet.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

the master cylinder has a fluid level sensor...sometimes they stick...sometimes tapping on the side of the reservoir or digging your finger into the fluid to get it freed up..try that and message me back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me the location of the fluid level sensor on the master cylinder? I will go try the suggested fixes right now.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

here ya go

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it. was filling up wrong reservoir
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you