Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2003 VW Jetta and recently it won't start when it's

Customer Question

Customer: Good morning Dan. I have a 2003 VW Jetta and recently it won't start when it's been raining out or very damp weather. Can't find the issue. Can you give me some area to look?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I took it into the shop the last time, they replace a control module thinking that was the issue. It's been raining here the passed few days and when I tried starting the car this morning, it wouldn't fire. I ignition is turning over but the car won't fire.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Hello I'm Wolfgang. Great chance with the explaination that the issue is more eve indent with damp weather that you need an ignition coil if it is a 2.0 gas motor with new ignition wires. The water acts like a conductor and shorts to ground hence no electrical fire at the spark plugs. Highly recommend the spark plugs changed at the same time using NGK. This should rectify the issue at hand. Anything else ? Let me know!!! Thanks