gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2011 Jetta, that had a left front wheel and lower

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2011 Jetta, that had a left front wheel and lower control arm damage, replaced but does not show any electrical power to anything. under hood fuze panel showed some loose fuses but reinstall does not help, car started and ran fine after the accident. charged the battery to 80%, still shows nothing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything looks proper with battery cables, I compared the fuse layout under the hood with an on line photo and all fuses are there.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The underhand fuse panel has a "main" strip of fuses on the front side, in addition to the fuses on top. Use a volt meter or a test light, and check for batter voltage at the battery, and at the fuse panel connections, and then at the fuses in the top of the box (some of tgem should be powered at all times even with key off) Was there any welding done to repair your car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed and replaced larger fuzes and problem is resolved.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

awesome!