vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

, Im having trouble with my daughters 2007 Jetta. It

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im having trouble with my daughters 2007 Jetta. It has the 2.5 engine. She has been pretty hard on it and it was idling and running pretty rough. It also had a pretty bad lag on slight acceleration. I just put in a new set of plugs, air, oil, and fuel filters.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: When I went to start it up, It would only crank. It acted like no fuel or spark. I was concerned that it might have lost its chip key programming when I pulled the battery. The key fob still works the doors so I don't think it is that. I also don't get the immobilizer message in the display. It just cranks and sometimes lunges like it wants to fire but doesn't. Could it be the CPS? Will an OBD!! scan tool tell me? I can wait about ten mins. then I will have to get back with you in an hour or two.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I first sent this request I have more info related to fault codes.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have faults ? if you do please list them ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were three fault codes. The first two were intake related P103 and P113 I don't think these are of concern, mainly they were due to not having the intake completely assembled.. The final one was E CM relay open.I am also in the process of running down the main fuse for the ignition. I now suddenly have no juice at the ignition switch.to even crank it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I get some help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to start over and do a better job of "asking my question".2007 Jetta.
It was running rough so Installed new spark plugs, oil,fuel,and air filters, new Pcv valve and new gas cap.
Upon completion of the above work the car would not start, only crank over.
From reading forums I thought perhaps it could be a programmed key issue, since I disconnected the battery.
Now I cant even get it to crank. The remote functions work on the locks, but Turning the key does nothing. No dashlights or chime. It doesnt even crank. Can you recomend a course of action for what relays ned to be checkedand so on?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

When you unplugged the battery did you move any fuses or relays or anything like that because things don't add up on just the items you replaced .