vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Danny, I have a 2003 VW Golf tdi sport estate and the remote

Customer Question

Hi Danny,
I have a 2003 VW Golf tdi sport estate and the remote doesn't unlock the drivers door. Two presses unlocks the other three. The drivers door has to be unlocked with the key. Is there a way to reset the remote central locking?
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the door lock on the drivers work with the swtch inside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all doors lock and unlock with the switch inside.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Then this is not going to be a relearning of the remote, the reciever gets a signal from the key fob , and then on the second signal opens all locks, so it has to be getting the first signal, or it would not recognize the second signal to unlock all of them, this is going to be a problem in the module/reciever, not in the remote,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently the previous owners wife used to lock the passenger door from the inside before he could press the lock all button on the drivers door. This makes us think that it has gone out of sync.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

but it has to be in sync, if the second pres of the button unlocks the other 3, so it has to be getting the first signal,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does that mean then Tim? Are you saying that it is a hardware rather than a software problem?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Yes, most likely the module, as we know the reciever is geting the d=signal,Tim