vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I'm pulling a number of codes on my 2008 Passat. misfires,

Customer Question

I'm pulling a number of codes on my 2008 Passat. misfires, fuel-air mix, and 12a2. Does this sound like my fuel pump? That is what I'm seeing on searches
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wolfgang. Can you give me the code #s stored? Example p0304. Etc.... Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
po171, po12a2, po300, po301, po302, po303, po304, po507, po011
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

the p011 fault is the main fault to worry first . note this may be a compounded issue. i do need a vin # ***** get the correct repair information of your vehicle to assist. thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just going to tackle this myself. I understand your position, it would be difficult to diagnose. Thank you anyway. I was just looking for some additional insight.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

You vin?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i can give some insight and narrow down your issue(s) but i need some help from you and fyi your deposit has been utilized !!