gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2014 VW Passat XLS. Trunk release does not work. Cannot open

Customer Question

Customer: 2014 VW Passat XLS. Trunk release does not work. Cannot open trunk via interior control on drivers door, using the remote control, or manually. Thought might be blown fuse but maybe not. Can anyone help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cannot open the trunk lid. Won't function using switch on drivers door, button on the remote, or using the manual opener on the trunk lid. Any idea what's up?Thanks, *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Can wait a bit -- willing to pony up some bucks if you can point me in the right direction
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

You'll have to replace the latch- the solenoid that releases it is built directly into the latch. Drop your rear seats, and you can reach the emergency pull handle that opens the trunk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Close and possible but you missed an obvious thing to check before replacing parts -- an item which turns out to have caused the symptoms I described. Turns out that the fault was caused by the "valet" button in the glove box having been pushed -- that makes access in any normal way impossible. Pushing that button instantly cleared the problem. My agreement with you was I'd be willing to pay for your expertise if it was correct and resolved the problem -- it wasn't correct and it didn't resolve the problem -- so please credit my VISA card with the amount you charged to it and I'll use that to pay some of the cost of going to the dealership service group. Please confirm your submission of the credit via email to "*****@******.***" Thanks, ***** ***** for living up to your promises..
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Well, your attempt was also close "Ray", but I personally have nothing to do with the business or payment end of this arrangement. You will have to contact "customer support" in order to process your request. Or if you like, I can submit a request for a customer service representative to contact you. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.