gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Just trawling the web looking clue why my car has the

Customer Question

Hi, just trawling the web looking for a clue why my car has the following error code: 01341 - Control Module in Instrument Panel On Comfort CAN (J285)
008 - Implausible Signal
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 3D0-907-040.lbl
Part No: 3D0 907 040 J
Component: Climatronic D1 2031
Coding:(###) ###-#### Shop #: WSC 01065 000 00000
VCID: nnnnnnn1 Fault Found:
01341 - Control Module in Instrument Panel On Comfort CAN (J285)
008 - Implausible Signal
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any issues with your Climatronic? Can you go into the cluster, and look at the data blocks from 120 or so and see if the Climatronic is showing as actively communicating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, not with my vehicle at present, but I have no symptoms of an issue when the car is running, but the error is persistent, so will not go away on a clear. All HVAC functions seem normal, however, I also have this error:Address 07: Control Head Labels: 3D0-035-00x-07.lbl
Part No: 3D0 035 007 AR
Component: ZAB COCKPIT 0253
VCID: nnnnnnnnn1 Faults Found:
00483 - Control Module for Auxiliary Air Heater
004 - No Signal/CommunicationThe Aux heater has has issues a while, as the glow plug needs changing, on reflection it has always been communicating, and must have died recently, could that be the cause of the other error?Will look later today to see if the there is anything at datablock 120, just in case.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I would check the heater- the communication error could be anything that is on that Comfort CAN-BUS- so any module that is dead could be blocking part of the signals. I would suggest trying to look at the data blocks in the cluster, since that is the main Gateway, and see if there are any other modules that are not communicating, scroll upward from data block 120, you should get the TCM, Comfort module, radio, etc. Look at the modules that are part of the Comfort system (the Phaeton has WAY TOO MANY modules!)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, wish I could get to the aux heater, it is about 3hrs min shop time just get access to the unit. Once they fail with the glow plug issue, the generally also develop other issue with moisture getting in to the PCB and then the unit dies. Full swap out is about 6hrs labour. add another $1000-$1500 for part alone. Ok, will look at the data blocks.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, they were way too complicated for their time. We used to replace modules of every type in them all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, not been able to do that scan yet, work keeps getting in the way...