eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

, I have a 2012 VW CC 53K miles.... Was going this week

Customer Question

Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2012 VW CC 53K miles.... Was going this week to get my service 50 thousand service/ I got in my car this morning/ it was JUMPING a little it / the check engine light went on/ was blinking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.... if its blinking is the car trash... what is up
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

any other issues other then the flashing engine light?

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

A flashing engine light is a multi cylinder miss fire.. Generally caused by a failed ignition coil. I would have the car s scanned with a scan tool to see what codes are stored. But if its flashing its not recommended to drive the car due to catylitic converter damage can occur