vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My 2004 touareg wont start again this week, last week it was

Customer Question

Customer: my 2004 touareg wont start again this week, last week it was the ignition #6 fuse (20 amp) , i'm not sure what it is this time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's been running fine all summer and fall, but as soon as it got cold, the car won't start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already checked the cable connections, their clean and tight.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Does the vehicle crank over but not start, or does it not even crank? Does your check engine light come on when you turn the key to on (self check)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle does not crank over or start. This is what happens...
I put the key in the ignition and the dashboard electronics come on, saying Touareg in the dash and the radio turns on.
Then i turn the key in the ignition and absolutely no change. No system acknowledgment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am i going to get an answer to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me at least where the starter relay is located, and maybe send me a schematic of the starting system. also what is the process for a starter replacement if necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.