gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Arnie 97 vw jetta no fuel pump operation when key turned

Customer Question

Customer: arnie 97 vw jetta no fuel pump operation when key turned relay 18 clicks will start and if warm but will not start cold new fuel pump relay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the relay output tab no electric when key turned
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Have you lifted the cover in the trunk, and seen if you have power to the fuel pump when cranking (there will be 4 wires, check between the two large outer wires- the other two are for the fuel lever sender)