Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

I have 2004 vw jetta, automatic transmission. It never stops

Customer Question

I have 2004 vw jetta, automatic transmission. It never stops revving, it never changes into the next gear. It all started after i changed a fuse. It might just need a ecu reset. Is there something i can do?
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

No there really nothing you can do but to have the ECU reset. Once the memory has been erase then it's lost.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so how do you do an ECU reset on a 2004 Jetta Automatic? I've seen posts for other vehicles where you turn you key on, press the gas for five seconds, then turn key to off, then let go of gas, let sit for two minutes, then take key out, then put ke back in and start. What is the combination for VW jetta?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

You will have to get a VAC-COM scanner tool to reset the ECU. What you are talking is how to reset the accelerator settings.

Greetings,

Martin.