vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

06 jetta p0455 p/d evap incomplete already replaced gas cap

Customer Question

06 jetta p0455 p/d evap incomplete already replaced gas cap visually inspected vacuum hoses looks good
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING

I do not have access to your email address,

.

That could be an EVAP hose off, or the leak detection pump but the tests would have to be done to determine where the problem is.

.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as is allowed.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that much already that is why i specified I checked the evap hoses already and replaced the gas cap already, looking for the next step in testing.. I believe it's the purge valve.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I could guess if that is what you want. There is no way to know which part is bad without testing it or replacing parts, (purge valve, LDP, etc) until the code doesn't reset. In fact there has been a factory service bulletin on diagnosing the EVAP system and related components.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the next step in testing this after replacing the gas cap with oem and visually inspecting all evap hoses is what I want...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purge Valve N80, Leak Detection Pump, Etc. Correct
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Yes, With the purge valve, and the leak detection pump, the tests include.

Checking internal resistance

Checking voltage supply

Check wiring

.