gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2011 Volkswagen Routan, when I gassed it up last

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Volkswagen Routan, when I gassed it up last week it started misfiring a lot.
I took it to the Dealer and they say it is the ECM. Is there a way to verify that
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

If it was just after filling up the tank,I would be more inclined to say that it is the EVAP purge valve, that allows fumes from the charcoal canister into the intake (only at specific times) If the valve is slightly stuck open, you will get raw gas fumes in the intake, effectively flooding or overfuelling it, and it will be rough until it clears out (which may mean, clearing out the entire charcoal canister if the valve is stuck open) It's pretty rare for an ECM to go bad, there are no moving parts.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It's also possible you may have gotten bad gas- you may want to take a fuel sample from before the filter.