peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Have 2003 gti with code 17763, 166684 and 16685. Changed all

Customer Question

Have 2003 gti with code 17763, 166684 and 16685. Changed all four coil packs and spark plugs from vw. Ran great, but now start running rough again. Help
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the engine wiring harness for any damage or shorting out especially at and leading to the coil pack themselves.If any issues are found with the engine wiring at all the wiring will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.