vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2007 Volkswagen beetle 6speed automatic, replaced valve body

Customer Question

2007 Volkswagen beetle 6speed automatic, replaced valve body with rebuilt unit,replaced tiptronic switch f0189 code,what I'm still getting is 0189 tiptronic switch implausible signal I've checked and magnets are in place.all code cleared with vdc Ross tech scan tool.when put car in p,r,n,d,s lights up .
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I do need some info . i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to pull up the wiring diagram . second with your vag com i need the log of the code to see what 3 digit causal fail to trace it out .

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to get the vin# ***** fault code and email you back.Thanks.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

sure my pleasure!!