gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

My daughter's jetta with a MANUAL transmission has the

Customer Question

my daughter's jetta with a MANUAL transmission has the transmission light come on after a few minutes of driving. it's a 5-speed manual clutch and shifts fine. any ideas?
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin can you send me a picture of light so im sure we are talking about same light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are talking about the symbol for automatic transmission (even though this is a manual)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Very strange il opt out im a vw specialist and have never seen that before

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I'm really going to need to to attach a picture. VW does not have a warning light for the transmission, if there is a fault stored in an automatic transmission that affects torque controls it will set a fault and light the Check Engine Light.

The only light that I can think of on a manual transmission has been the upshift indicator display. This is a system that tries to "assist" you with choosing the proper gear to be in for the torque demand currently on the engine.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?