Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My trunk won't open, using the remote key, door key, and I

Customer Question

My trunk won't open, using the remote key, door key, and I checked the glove box and the trunk is button is unlocked.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can you gain access inside the trunk from the rear seat? If so the emergency release work

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how I can get to the emergency trunk, I looked all over online and it looks like starting in 2012 they don't have the hatch anymore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hatch as on the back end behind the seat. How can I pull down the seat??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U there

Try pulling the top of the rear seat forward enough to get your finger or pliers in to unlatch the rear seat back so it an fold down. Once we can get into the trunk we can get it open to diagnose the latch issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get my finger back there but it's not folding down. I feel like it's going to break the seat

You have to get the lock to release on the seat back since your not able to get to the release handle that is in the trunk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the seat to unlock?!? I get that but how do I do it

It is a cable system that you pull, so you have to get the seat pulled away enough to push on the cable connection with pliers or screwdriver so the cable will extend as if it were being pulled to get the latch to release.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a latch or something to unlock it

Did you see my last post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not working, I can't get it unlocked there is no cable. Its a rod connected to the back of the seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VW is so annoying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have u seen my messages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't heard from you in a while
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25 mins

Yes I have seen all your messages, I am just waiting for you to get in all your responses prior to posting. I am also helping many others. You responded at 10:04 and its now 10:19. The diagrams show it as a cable. Since you are able to see it, can you grip it with needle nose pliers then tilt the pliers towards the front to pull the rod to the rear?

Its annoying getting any car manufacturer seat down with release levers only accessed in the trunk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I responded 5x since 9:04

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/time.png

It seems like you no longer want me to help you, if that is the case I can get you back on the waiting list for someone else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please

Best of luck.