vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I changed the heater core on 2001 vw beetle gls 2.0 liter.

Customer Question

I changed the heater core on 2001 vw beetle gls 2.0 liter. When we put antifreeze back and started the motor, the fan does not kick on. Fan always worked prior to disassembly.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Did you bleed the system ??also if you turn the ac on do both fans come on high speed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you bleed the system?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a coolant bleeder ?? can you also answer my question about the fans coming on when the ac is activated

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't see one. As for the other question, we are putting the car back together for the 3rd time. I will respond when we get to that point. Where would the coolant bleeder be?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know when its back together and the fans are checked, there is no bleeder i was asking if you have a coolant bleeder tool to pull a vacuum down on the system to get all the air out of the system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I fill with coolant not having a coolant bleed tool? I bought a flush & fill kit from autozone which calls to cut heater hose & put a tee in, will that work?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

No do not cut the heater hose , if you don't have a bleeder tool fill up the coolant and have the reservoir cap open and run the car till it purges the air out of the coolant system