vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I need to change timing chains in my 2006 Passat 3.6 4

Customer Question

I need to change timing chains in my 2006 Passat 3.6 4 motion is it easier to pull the engine or the trans
Category: VW
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Transmission out, flexplate removed, oil pan off, and valve covers removed per shop manual.Pretty big job pays about 8hours. good luck.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Dealer Tech, here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I can get you detailed information of how to do the job but 1 question what seems to be the issue here with the timing chains? check engine light , noise, .....

please let me know