vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2002 TDI Beetle that I replaced the glow plug relay

Customer Question

I have a 2002 TDI Beetle that I replaced the glow plug relay on and now when I start it up with 5 error codes p0684, p0245, p1441, p0102, and p0216. When I plug into the OBD2 and do a reset the check engine light stays out. If I turn off the engine and start it up again after about a minute the check engine light is back on. I also bought and tried a new glow plug relay (the 9 pin one). The car only has 71000 miles on it.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

being you have multiple codes you have a compounded issue here. first off was a timing belt replaced recently or the injector pump?

please let me know!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No timing belt replaced, no injector pump replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car runs fine it just wouldn't start that is why I replaced the glow plug relay now it starts every time. Can I disconnect the battery and press the horn to bleed off the capacitors in the computer to default the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are these faults on a common fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can these faults be removed from the program?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

no they are not on a common fuse and faults needs to be traced out and repaired to get the system to run correctly again. we can go through this but it will take time and value of the question will go up due to the compounded issue . so let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guess I bought me no answers just a piece of FECES for $28.00. You are worthless. KARMA YOU DUMB PIECE OF FECES.