peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta and the fan has completely

Customer Question

Hello! I have a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta and the fan has completely stopped working. It worked on high for quite some time but when it finally quit I replaced the resistor and blower motor & it still doesn't work. I do have a faulty recirculation flap motor that I plan on replacing soon but will this help fix my issue or could there be other contributing factors that I need to look into?
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I don't see the actuator as the cause here as this should still operate.This sounds like a possible blown blower motor fuse issue here or an issue with the control on the dash needing replaced as these can occur this here.If you have not checked the fuses this needs done and if a fuse is found at fault it will need replaced.

If the fuses were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.