Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Push button start key fob has to be right where key would be

Customer Question

push button start key fob has to be right where key would be if you had one to start it then I hit the button. then it starts. then while driving display will come on NO KEY also in order to use fob to open trunk or lock doors I have to stand by drivers door
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

By using a aftermarket company i have see that the key and remote will not work properly. They use software not approved by VW and especially if the key was not ordered from the VW. issues like this will come up!!

recommend heading to the VW dealer and order a key from the dealer and have them program it so that there is no errors.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought i explained that I got the fob from the vw dealer and had a company come to the car to program the fob at the car. It starts the car and locks and unlocks doors. The fob has to be against steering column where ignition would be in order for car to start. Once it is running car starts to beep no key also as I stated if I want to pop the trunk with the fob I have to stand by the drivers door then hit the trunk button on fob.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

with the programming with the factory scan tool it programs the key to start the car and programs the remote part at the same time . with the aftermarket one most likely program the key to start the car but the other functions are not programmed hence unlock and lock part. note with programming that key with the aftermarket tool may not reprogram with the factory scan tool .