Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My 2011 Jetta TDI Touch Screen went dead, can I fix it?

Customer Question

My 2011 Jetta TDI Touch Screen went dead, can I fix it ?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

did it go out while you were driving and did it have a pop noise?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not driving, I had just got in after work, turned on the ignition and realized I had left my lights on for 4 hrs, I may have heard a pop, not sure?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

there have been a issues with some of the touch screen radio where all of the sudden that it will not even turn on or display the time. its an internal fault and needs to be replaced . you may be able to fix it but needs to go to electronics shop for repair .

ebay may be the better choice and you can get updated radios cheaper than repaired ones. you will need to remove the radio to get the part # ***** search .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang