gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I'm having problems with my electric windows in my 2007

Customer Question

Hi David,
I'm having problems with my electric windows in my 2007 Volkswagen beetle.
The driver door window is down and won't go up. All the buttons on the drivers door won't work except the all four button will work but will not raise the driver door window. The electric mirror will not work nor the door lock. The button on the passenger door lowers that window. I have pulled the #14 fuse and replaced it didn't help. Can you help me.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me see if I have this right-

Driver's window is down, and will not roll up with the switch on the driver door.

Passenger window will work with the switch on the passenger door- will it work with the switch on the driver door?

Do the switches on the driver door light up when the headlights are switched to on?

Is this a convertible? You seem to hint at that by saying "4 button", the non-convertible Beetle only has two opening windows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the passenger window will not go up or down with the single switch on the driver door, but will go up and down with the four way switch on the driver door. Yes it is a convertible and yes when I turn the headlights on the lights on the driver door switches are on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my message
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect just that switch pack then. I've had plenty that will drop out just one window, or even just one direction (rolls down but not up)