vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Beetle battery goes dead in 24 hours after full charge new

Customer Question

Beetle battery goes dead in 24 hours after full charge new battery didn't help. Is there a common problem with bugs ?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Nothing "common" to this issue on ones of this vintage. Do you lock up the car at night with the alarm armed? Or do you leave it unlocked in a locked garage?

The process for finding a "parasitic draw" is to use a meter with either an amp clamp, or put it inline with one of the battery cables, set to the amp setting, and see how many amps it draws after it "goes to sleep" after arming the alarm. .002A is normal draw, anything much higher and you are looking at a circuit that is staying active.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I finally got to this. I have a draw on fuse 43. Of .41 with fuse out I have .08. What is fuse 43. ?

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

And this is with the system "asleep"?