vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2002 jetta, gli v6, 6 speed manual. I've had to

Customer Question

I have a 2002 jetta, gli v6, 6 speed manual.
I've had to replace the ecm cluster and ignition. There was no key with the car when I bought it. I had It running at one point. At one point the battery was installed backwards, it blew half the fuse links on the distrobution box. I replaced the distribution block, and at this point replaced the ecm cluster and key. It was a matched set from the same car.
Everything in and on the car works except for I have no injector pulse and no spark. Every scanner and pc I hook up to the car does not register that there is an ecm present in the car.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The ECM needs to be coded to the immobilizer- you should be getting a fault relating to this. Does your check engine light come on when you turn the key on (self check)?