gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2006 vw beetle with code 00453 function limition

Customer Question

i have a 2006 vw beetle with code 00453 function limition due to over heat I have no issue with the car just ck engine light is on. Is this a transmission code or engine code engine code
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

If it was in your transmission control module, then it is a transmission fault- if it was an engine fault stored, it would just set a fault in the TCM saying "check engine faults" That way they do not get cross-referenced (unless in the case of systems that both use the same sensor, like wheel speed sensors)

I would start out checking the connector plugs at the front of the transmission- they are notorious for having tranny fluid push out through the pins and set faults. Repairing involves dropping the pan, removing the valve body, and replacing the wiring harness inside there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you ill ck that and let you no what I find
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me know how it goes.