vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My name is ***** ***** and I am having issues with what i

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I am having issues with what i believe is the factory alarm system.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I try to start my car the power cuts out and the gauge cluster starts moving lots.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am willing to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

That sounds to me like you just have a dead battery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is fully charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it has something to do with the factory alarm system in the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had removed the factory alarm system and jumped wires #5 and #6 together and it starter. So i cut the two wires and spliced them together. but when i plugged everything back in the alarm went off and it has never worked since.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

As you noted, the comfort module controls the alarm and immobilizer. The starter will not work when the alarm is actively sounding (and lights flashing) Typically anytime you hook up the battery the alarm will go off until you turn a key in the door.

Your symptoms don't seem representative of an alarm issue- since you have taken the module out of the starter circuit, the signal should go straight through to the starter from the ignition switch. It just sounds like a battery issue- check to make sure both your battery clamps are clean and tight, and the main ground at the body is clean and secure