Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2013 Beetle Conv. just got

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a 2013 Beetle Conv. just got it back from the shop, it was hit in the drivers door. The auto lock works sometimes and sometimes not. The owners manual says to take it to dealership to be reset or reprogrammed. Is there a way around that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car has the auto lock feature, just press on the handle and the door locks if the key is near. When it doesn't work you can't even lock the doors with the remote
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to wait and what will it cost? How will I know the answer worked since the problem comes and go. Right now it's working, earlier today it wasn't.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately if the system needs to be reset and programmed there is no way for you to do this your self and your owners Manuel is correct, this will need to be done by your dealer. No way around it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response was take it to the dealer. I'm glad I paid for that advise.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your are not charged unless you rate the service, any money you have placed in your account remains your. Unfortunately sometime we can not provide you with everything but the answer stand and sorry we could not be more helpful