vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

MY 2002 VW BEETLE IS INTERMITTENTLY STALLING OUT AT GH

Customer Question

MY 2002 VW BEETLE IS INTERMITTENTLY STALLING OUT AT HIGH SPEEDS. ANY IDEA WHY?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

does the car restart right away or you must let the engine cool down before a restart and run again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took two tries and then restarted; no cool down
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Is there any check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok have you had the car scanned for codes ? if not please do . the codes may be related to your issue!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you haven't heard of this issue before?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

yes but there are too many variables that can cause a stall . logical way is to narrow down to a specific area or sensor to get an accurate diagnosis and repair. i can say check this and check that but you can be at square one and time / money is wasted.