Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I dropped my car off at a shop today, after having it in the

Customer Question

I dropped my car off at a shop today, after having it in the shop two days ago because my check engine light was on . They put a part in (something related to oxygen?) and when I drove it away, it was sluggish. It now has both the check engine light on and and EPC light. I just dropped it off again, but I wanted a little more background on what the problem could be. The other repair was about $500.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin the epc light being on is an indication af a possible throttle related fault so without knowing for sure what was done it's difficult to tell weather it could have been caused by previous work .the epc light can come on for many reasons from broken throttle pedal to wiring loom issues would really need fault codes from car to give an accurate answer but I suspect the fault wasn't what they replaced originally