gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

My 2002 Volkswagen Eurovan A/C does not work. I've

Customer Question

My 2002 Volkswagen Eurovan A/C does not work. I've checked all fuses. All OK. The radiator fan turn on when the A/C is in "ON" position. The radiator fan shut off when I un-plug the A/C presure switch. With the A/C turned on their's no voltage at the compressor
clutch. I suspect the A/C cut-off switch. How can I identify the cut-off switch? How do I test it?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

You need to know if your freon charge is correct first- as there is a low pressure switch in the system that will not allow it to turn on if it is too low (under about 50% charge) In addition, this same switch contains a high pressure switch, so if the system is overcharged or heats up too high the system will not turn on either. And you have an ambient temp switch which will not allow the system to turn on under 50 degrees Fahrenheit. SO your first step is to have the refrigerant level evacuated, leak tested, and set to proper level.