Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just bought a 2014 Jetta ES with 40,000 miles. And it

Customer Question

I just bought a 2014 Jetta ES with 40,000 miles. And it seems to make a hissing noise when I put my foot on the gas and accelerate. Is this normal for this car?
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Can you tell what or where the noise is coming from?

It can be from the transaxle valve body or from the throttle body, those would be fine. If you ope nthe hood and rev the engine can you duplicate this to verify its not the belt or a pulley bearing.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine and have went to many schools and classes to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating one of the answers, not the questions, you receive is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me check

No problem