Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Have a problem with 300ma draw on my 2000 passat, if I

Customer Question

have a problem with 300ma draw on my 2000 passat, if I remove the fuse for the comfort control it goes to a few milliamps
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need some info . i do need a vin # ***** the vehicle and the fuse that you take out to have the drain go away ?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wvwma23b3yp217729 the fuse 14
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i do need you to pull up the drivers front floor carpet and see if it is damp and there is a black box take the black box out and see if the connector of the comfort module is corroded due to moisture!!

please let me know