Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2000 vw jetta 1.8t. It wont start. It drive fine

Customer Question

I have a 2000 vw jetta 1.8t. It wont start. It drive fine one day, and wouldnt start the next, it cranks and everything. Has fuel coming out the bottom of the car when i crank the engine.. recently ordered a fuel pump sensor.. any help ?
Category: VW
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

if you haven't already then I'd replace the crank sensor , after checking the wiring to the sensor is OK

also check that the ECU relay is switching in as it should and the fuses for the ECU are in good condition

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.