peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2009 VW EOS Komfort. I was trying to identify the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 VW EOS Komfort. I was trying to identify the wiring of the backup light (to tap in for a backup camera) and accidentally shorted across pin 9 of the harness in the trunk that leads to the backup lights in the trunk lid. Since then the blower
for the AC and heater isn't working and neither are the low beam lights (DRL and high beam are fine but low-beam is either off or too low to see). Do you know which fuse box and which fuse I should be checking? Visual inspection of the fuses in the panel on
the left side of the dashboard shows all fuses are OK. The listing of fuses for the fan in the owner's manual refers to an open slot so the diagram is of little or no value. Bonus question: Which wire in that harness in the trunk is the backup light? I would
prefer to not go down that road again.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases when wires are shorted like this here this can sometimes damage control units/ecu's needing replaced to correct this fault.If you can tell me if this has the manual or automatic climate control panel on the dash I can see if I can locate the fuse info just let me know when your ready.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2009 Komfort has automatic and manual modes. All of the lights are on for each control and they function as expected, e.g., the auto dial goes off when you select a specific fan mode such as defrost and then back on when you press auto. I think you can feel some cold air when the AC is on but there is nothing blowing out and you can't hear the fan running.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are setting in all computers in this model here and if so can you post the code info for me?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
No one will hook up the car to get diagnostic codes for non-engine electrical without charging and actually there is only one place around here that has the equipment to do a VW check (since they tried to force me into a $1300 repair that was entirely unnecessary I have no intention of going back there for any reason). I already paid to get the wiring diagram for the the connector that was messed up and have checked all the fuses (actually I replaced fuses 22, 25 and 13 just to be certain they were fine) and there is still no activity in the blower. I will have to start looking for the blower switch, relay, resistor and control module. If you don't have some solution besides paying the VW people to give me the diagnostic code I don't think this is going to work out.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete