eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

I got a Passat 2010 2T. engine shaking and as if can stall

Customer Question

I got a Passat 2010 2T. engine shaking and as if can stall anytime. dealer saying all 4 cylinder misfire. they diagnose a part that bring the engine oil is defective. is this cover under warrant?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just did my 90K schedule maintenance couple a week ago before this incidence happened.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

what do you mean engine oil is defective?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't recall which Part it was but they told me that Part was defective or broken. The part carries the engine oil to the cylinder.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

did they type it on your work order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over the phone, you know, before they start the work to replace the part. I told them to go ahead just today.
I want to make sure this problem (cylinders misfire) is not the result of the 90K schedule maintenance i did couple of weeks ago. Or else, i am thinking this part replacement work would need to be cover under the recent maintenance warranty. What dobyou think?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

probably a cam actuator , I highly doubt they damaged your car when it had its 90k..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. Yes, sound close to what i heard. Ill know which part once the job completed and ill f.up with you.
Do you think it's worth a (3hrs) job to diagnose the misfiring?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

think that's a little excessive but it depends on how involved the troubleshooting was

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

usually one hour for scanning and one hour to pinpoint...Hope you can rate my service excellent