gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Went to start 2013 Passat TDI this AM and the dash warning

Customer Question

Went to start 2013 Passat TDI this AM and the dash warning lights come on, a whirrish sound from up front and then in ~10 seconds the clock spins to Noon then reset to the correct time. Is my car possessed? I am thinking it could be the battery has reach EOL.
I am some distance from any dealership so really dont want to consider towing.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Did the engine start? A battery replacement is not a dealership-only service, anyone can do it (or you can do it at home)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine did not start. The dash was left with many warning lights on and a message about the breaks. I have a picture of it if that would be helpful.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried jump starting the vehicle? Often systems will set a fault if the voltage supply to the module is not up to spec.