Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I recently bought a 2014 Passat TDI an read that VW has been

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2014 Passat TDI an read that VW has been updating Turbo due to problems. Is there a bulletin out or recall on this. I have 21,000 miles on it. how do I find more info on this an is there a way I can find out if anything has been done on mine. My car is a VW certified vehicle with an extended warranty to 5yrs 60,000 by VW.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

To check to see if anything has been done on your vehicle you will have to call a VW dealership. They are very selective about who they share their service data with and it is not easily available anywhere else. Sometimes they update services like carfax with recall data, but VW is not great about it.

The only turbo problems I list that have been released to the public is a TSB about the turbo shaft breaking. That doesn't count as a recall, it's just something they will fix if it happens to go bad on your car.

Another place to check is the NHSTB.gov website. They list all customer complaints, recalls and TSBs for most vehicles, that the government is aware of.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. If I have been of some assistance I would appreciate a positive rating.

Thanks!