Anthony
Anthony, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

My son is looking at a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS1.9L In line

Customer Question

My son is looking at a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS1.9L In line 4 Tans code EUH. The used dealer has told him that the transmission had a "lag" while shifting. The dealer said that he "fixed" the problem by changing the transmission fluid and filter.
My research has reveled that the "lag" while shifting could be a sign that is has a short life.
the dealer is asking $6995 for the car which also had a cracked oil dip stick tube(near the top part). I am wondering if high heat cause the wear on the transmission and the crack in the oil dip stick tube.
I would like to know the labor costs of replacing the transmission, and the average cost of a used transmission. I am not sure this car is worth the trouble.
Category: VW
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

An EUH trans is a manual. Are you sure of what type it is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opps! It an automatic.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Do you think you can get me the trans code?