eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

I have a 2009 Passat komfort wagon as I was driving the EPC

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Passat komfort wagon as I was driving the EPC light came on and is staying in also under vehicle status the engine fault workshop msg is displayed. While I was driving the car was losing speed and despite pushing down in the gas the engine was losing power then it would rev up and go. What could be the issue? I dearly love my car but it has been a series of big issues since I got it including having the engine blow at only 42k miles and proper care if engine, thanks for any help
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

It can mean a few things so it may not be the best idea to drive. It can indicate a problem with the mass airflow sensor, throttle body or crank position sensor. The only way to tell is with a scan tool. If it is the maf or throttle body having issues, it is OK to drive. A scan tool would be require to pull DTC s (diagnostic trouble codes) in order to start troubleshooting