Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 engine is reveing up and down and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 engine is reveing up and down and saw a code of p2279 and p0507 replace the pvc diaphgram and still exist what now
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

what happens if you disconnect that hose and plug up both ends does the idle stabilize?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you are referring to the pvc and its attached hose? If that is correct I will test tomorrow as it is getting late and dark. let me know for sure this is the hose you are referring to.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

yes correct!! please let me know