Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

06 jetta tdi, shifter flashing PRNDS, key stuck in ignition,

Customer Question

06 jetta tdi, shifter flashing PRNDS, key stuck in ignition, VCDS codes 00653, 00194, no com with shift controller and key switch. all fuses good. In 09 cent elect, I should see on when I turn the key to start. It doesn't show on, no power going to activation relay 50. Help
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

you will not see terminal 50 power because of the flashing PRNDS. it does not see in park or in neutral.

do you have vag com?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have vagcom
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok go to autoscan and then select gateway installation list and can you snap shot the page and post it here as a pic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted a pic, that is the info that I originally gave you.I need an answer in the next 30 min or I am sending the car to the VW dealer