eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

I have a 2012 vw gti that will not start. I have new spark

Customer Question

I have a 2012 vw gti that will not start. I have new spark plugs, new ignition coil, and camshaft position sensor. The engine turns but will not start
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It been more than 10 mins, I'm still waiting for my answer.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer