Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

My recently purchased 03 jettta gli is warm on the drivers'

Customer Question

My recently purchased 03 jettta gli is warm on the drivers' side floor is warm. can't feel air floor coming in and the catalytic converter seems to no be red hot when I look underneath after a drive. Also I hear the ping sound of liquid dripping but there are no leaks. Alsot
he cooling fan seems to not come on after drive as much as I want it to.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Although the catalytic converter is not glowing red doesnt mean that it isnt partially restricted and causing the floor to heat up. This is the most common cause of the floorboard getting hot.
The ping sound is either condensation from the ac hitting the exhaust or condensation in the exhaust.
If the engine is not running hot, although the fans are not running as much as you think they should, they are doing their job and no problem. IF the engine is running hot, then the fan control module and relays need to be tested, as well as the engine coolant temperature sensor