gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Have a group of 12 wires that run up the middle of radiator

Customer Question

have a group of 12 wires that run up the middle of radiator support that were severed by fan blade. 4 of these wires are brown. all others are color coded, and easy to splice back together. Are those 4 brown ones grounds? Does it matter which brown goes to which brown?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I would check them with a meter and see if they all have continuity to ground. I'm going to have to check a wiring diagram to see where they go. Are they for the fan motors, or headlights, or?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the delay, I have been travelling on the road from a long trip.

When you turn the car on, is there any indication of what doesn't work (ie, do the headlights work, radiator fan when A/C is turned on, etc?) How thick are the wires? There are some wires that are around 1mm total thickness including the insulation, and some that are 2, 2.5mm, etc. What colors are the other wires? Any chance you can trace to see where they lead?