eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

I put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the nearly

Customer Question

I put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the nearly empty tank, filled it with fuel and there seems to be no change
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

what problems are you having a additive rarely solves a runnability issue

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

are you there? do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still here, the problem was the motor started to feel like it was struggling when it was going up hills and it was making a strange sound. When I saw the read out from the meter stating cylinders 1 and 3 were missing my first though was maybe the fuel wasn't getting through so I tried the injector cleaner to no avail. My next thought was possibly the spark plugs but this engine is not as easy to find things on as my old '69 VW Beetle. What are your thoughts, it has been suggested that the O-rings on the fuel injection system may be damaged due to the use of regular gas over the last few years.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Its likely in need of a tune up misfires are generally ignition coil or spark plug wire failure depending on which ignition set up, and plugs should always be done after a misfire, Injector cleaner additive will never fix a misfire code